In order to optimize the signals received, it is recommended to
- Wear the headband with clean hair and clean face. To learn more about how to put your headband on, please watch our video.
- Note that you can improve signals by making sure the electrodes find their way through your hair to your skin.
- Avoid putting creams / oils on your forehead before wearing the headband. In case you are forced to apply a cream for medical reasons, avoid the areas of contact with the headband (temples, forehead) as much as possible. Also avoid applying oils on your hair at the rear sensors.
- Also be sure to clean the sensors before your headband every 10 nights with a disinfectant wipe (also called 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes, used to disinfect the skin, or clean medical equipment for example). This action will ensure optimum signal quality.
Checking your signal
To measure the signal quality, you can go to the Dreem section of the application. 4 blue dots appear to the right of the title BRAIN WAVES. The number of points displayed reflects the quality of the signal. Note that the headband might take a few minutes to stabilize if you just put it in place. This process is normal.
- A stable signal has a validation mark and at least one quality point
- A signal with 3 or 4 quality points allows you to visualize your blinks in the form of peaks on the curve that scrolls.
- Note that for this measurement, you will have to be in a comfortable and relaxed position for the signal to stabilize (the muscular activity disturbs the measurement).
Make sure that the pulse oxymeter is in contact with your skin (without hair in between).