In order to optimize the signals received, it is recommended to
- Wear the headband with clean hair and clean face. To learn more about how to put your headband on, please watch our video.
- Note that you can improve signals by making sure the electrodes find their way through your hair to your skin.
- Avoid putting creams / oils on your forehead before wearing the headband. In case you are forced to apply a cream for medical reasons, avoid the areas of contact with the headband (temples, forehead) as much as possible. Also avoid applying oils on your hair at the rear sensors.
- Also be sure to clean the sensors before your headband every 10 nights with a disinfectant wipe (also called 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes, used to disinfect the skin, or clean medical equipment for example). This action will ensure optimum signal quality.
- If you feel like losing the headband during the night, you can ask our support team for 2 and 4cm back strap adjusters to reduce the size of the band.
Checking your signal
To measure the signal quality, you can go to the Dreem section of the application. 4 blue dots appear to the right of the title BRAIN WAVES. The number of points displayed reflects the quality of the signal. Note that the headband might take a few minutes to stabilize if you just put it in place. This process is normal.
- A stable signal has a validation mark and at least one quality point
- A signal with 3 or 4 quality points allows you to visualize your blinks in the form of peaks on the curve that scrolls.
- Note that for this measurement, you will have to be in a comfortable and relaxed position for the signal to stabilize (the muscular activity disturbs the measurement).
- Make sure that the pulse oxymeter is in contact with your skin (without hair in between).