The Live EEG feature is located in the headband settings. To use it, make sure that your headband is paired with your app.
This feature works by showing an EEG that is the result of the difference between the brain activity picked by the electrodes of the front band and the ones on the back of your headband. If well-positioned, you will get a stable signal with a low amplitude EEG.
How to: check the signal quality
1. Turn on the headband and put it on your head. Get into bed-like conditions.
2. Go to the LIVE EEG section. In the beginning, the signal will have high amplitudes and you won't see any heart rate.
3. After 5-10 seconds your signal will stabilize and your heart rate will appear. Stay calm and focused on your screen. If the signal has high amplitudes, then make sure that your headband is well-positioned.
4. Once the signal is stabilized, blink shortly three times. You should see your EEG react to them. If not, then check your headband's position again.
LIVE EEG reacting to blinks
LIVE EEG not reacting to blinks
5. All set! Your headband is ready for a night or nap.
- The green dots are indicators of the signal intensity. Alone, they can't tell you if the headband is well-positioned.
- It is important that you chose the right size of adjuster for your headband to stay in place throughout the night. To learn more, please have a look at our article How to: Put your Dreem on.